8110 - Work Limitation
You must not:
- work in Australia except in the household of the employer in relation to whom the visa was granted
- work in a position or occupation inconsistent with the position or occupation in relation to which the visa was granted
- work for another person or yourself while undertaking the employment in relation to which the visa was granted
- cease to be employed by the employer in relation to which the visa was granted, and
- remain in Australia after the permanent departure of that employer from Australia.
If you want to stay in Australia after your employer leaves Australia, you must get written permission from the Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs.
Understanding your work rights
The Department is working with the Fair Work Ombudsman to help employees and employers understand and follow Australian Workplace laws.
Information on pay rates, shift calculations, leave arrangements and notice and redundancy entitlements is in the Pay and Conditions Tool (PACT).
The Fair Work Ombudsman website has more information on workplace rights and entitlements for visa holders and migrant workers.
For the full list of conditions relevant to your visa, see the Federal Register of Legislation.