Bachelor of Health and Biomedical Sciences (Honours)
- 所属院校 :自然和物理科学
- 课程类型 :Bachelor Honours Degree
- CRICOS Code :084885G
- 课程时长 :1学年 (52周)
- 课程总费用 :$ 37,440
- 每学期费用 :$ 37,440
The RMIT honours degree in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences has been designed to equip you with a transferable skill set relevant for a future career in academic and applied research, diagnostic services, industry, medical marketing, scientific communication and many other STEM-related careers. It is a unique supervisor-guided independent research project with complimentary workshops in research methods and scientific communication appropriate to your chosen research discipline
Specifically, the benefits of an honours degree are:
- Learn advanced problem-solving sills
- Develop science communication skills in parallel with critical and independent thinking
- Develop an aptitude for independent research and research techniques
- Gain advanced knowledge in your scientific discipline.
The transferable skills and independent research experience gained as part of this honours degree are unique from those learnt during undergraduate studies. These skills and experiences are required for future higher degree by research study and expected for most academic and research positions. Many non-academic employers also recognise these skills as highly desirable in prospective employees. In consultation with the program coordinator and your potential supervisor, you will be allocated a project that aims to complement your skills and areas of interest.
The multidisciplinary nature of our scientific research focus in the School of Health and Biomedical Sciences provides unparalleled opportunities to offer projects in leading-edge health and biomedical research programs. Each project is developed specifically for honours students and may be a preliminary exploration, a smaller component of a bigger research project or part of an existing collaboration with industry. Principle areas of research focus include:
- Biomedical Sciences: including respiratory disorders, HIV and complications, early life determinants of chronic disorders, inflammation and ageing, cardiovascular and cognitive disorders, musculoskeletal function and pain, diabetes and obesity.
- Applied Health: including manual therapies, resilience, sleep disorders and nutrition, medical imaging, nuclear medicine and radiation therapy, nursing, pharmacy and psychology.
- Allied Health: including exercise sciences, osteopathy, chiropractic, traditional Chinese medicine, clinical trials, practitioner engagement, health economics, public health, mental health and behavioural science.
View the list of current honours projects available.
This research extension to your undergraduate degree is closely aligned with RMIT's research community. Depending on your project, you will work with a supervisor who is actively contributing to RMIT's research strength area of biomedical and health innovation and is connected to recognised local and international research groups and institutes.
You may also have the opportunity to use RMIT's extensive biomedical and biotechnical equipment and facilities and to work collaboratively with professional technicians and staff from these facilities.
- 学期：Summer Semester
- 所在州:VIC校 区:Bundoora Campus, Plenty Road, Bundoora Vic 3083地 址:Plenty Rd, Bundoora, Victoria 3083邮 编: 3083